Can you help?
It is with great sadness, we as a club have to make this announcement.
The passing has occurred of our two newest Rockette and Rock Star, Cadhla and Tadhg Kavanagh.
Children of Lorraine and Chris Kavanagh, brother and sister to Saoirse, Sean and Fiadh, all part of our Rocks community! There are no words to describe the hurt amongst the club and it’s community at this time.
We extend our deepest sympathy to all the Kavanagh and Kelleher families at this time.
We ask you to show your support and prayers online and respect the privacy of the family at this very difficult time!
Fly high little angels!
We are coming back!
From 26 April 2021 juveniles can train in groups of 15.
Send in photos of those hurls at the ready
If your boys or girls have never tried, after a long time in lockdown, this would be a great time to let them have a go. All Covid precautions abided by and we have a huge pitch.
See you soon!
Arklow Rocks Hurling and Camogie Club is delighted to join forces with Ballymanus GAA and several other local clubs on Saturday 1st May to help raise awareness and much needed funds for Talk to Tom. Talk to Tom is a local suicide prevention charity based in Gorey that is hoping to open a centre in Arklow later this year. We are asking everyone in the community to take part and support this fundraising event. All monies raised will help towards the service Talk To Tom provides.
Starting at 6pm, we will come together (adhering to social distancing rules), to create a 24 hour continuous cycle in socially distance pairs. A shout out to our friends at Coral Leisure Centre Arklow for the use of the bikes.
If you are interested in taking part please CLICK HERE to let us know your preferred time slot etc. or you can contact any of the following:
Jason Redmond 086 256 5541
Sean Pierce 086 693 7453
Penni Heald 086 864 0135
If you cannot give your time please donate ensuring you include Arklow Rock Parnells as the club you are taking part with.
Can you pick the winners? If you think you can enter our competition and win 50% of the total pot.
Hurry with your entries and good luck.
HOW TO ENTER
• Pick a horse from the first two races of each day, eight in total.
• Fill in the form and screen shot to Philip 086 819 0815
• €10 per entry.
• Pay by: Revolut at 086 819 0815 or Paypal https://paypal.me/ArklowRocks
• Please remember to include your name and mobile number in the notes
• Entries must be received and paid for by Tuesday 16th March @1pm.
• Winner will be the person with the most winners selected over the four days.
• Organiser has final say.
• In the event of a tie, pot is split between the winners.
• No points for non-runners
The first ‘Be Ready to Play’ webinar on reducing injury risk is running on Tuesday March 16th at 7pm, join at https://bit.ly/3t47Jza
Introduction to the You are not alone.
Death by suicide is an overwhelming loss that can leave families, friends and communities with a range of emotions and many unanswered questions. For more support and information please CLICK HERE
Monday 30th November 2020 at 8pm
A virtual meeting via Microsoft Teams
Useful points for the meeting:
– Please join before 8pm in case of any technicalities
– Use the link above to join the meeting
– No software download is required but you will need a wifi connection.
– Please mute your mic when joining and keep muted throughout the meeting to reduce noise on the connection.
– All questions will be taken after the Executive Committee have finished
– If you need help, Penni will be available tomorrow 086 8640135 or pro.arklowrockparnell.Wicklow@gaa.ie
It is that time of year again!
Our AGM is on Friday 30th November at 8pm.
As 2020 is such a challenging year, this year’s meeting will be conducted remotely via Microsoft Teams. A link will be sent out via our groups and by email.
Below is the draft agenda.
The executive committee of 2020 have agreed to stand for 2021 unless there are any other nominations. Nominations or any notices of motion need to be submitted on or before Friday 13th November to the secretary – firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you and your families are all staying safe. If there is anything we can do to help, please let one of us know. We are in this together.
See you all soon,
ARP Executive Committee